Gaza,(Alresalah.ps)-- A number of Palestinians were injured with live Israeli fire as Israeli forces suppressed the 19th weekly naval march in the northern besieged Gaza Strip, on Monday afternoon.
Palestinian Health Ministry affirmed that 11 protesters were injured during the Israeli attack.
The attack was carried out when thousands of Palestinian protesters gathered at the northern borders of the Gaza Strip to take part in protests in an attempt to break the siege imposed on the Gaza Strip.
Some 20 boats arrived to the northern border to participate in the 19th naval march.
However, Israeli war boats opened live fire and tear-gas bombs at the protesters, PIC reporter said.
Commenting on the attack, Ahmed al-Mudalal, member of the National Committee for Breaking the Siege, which organized the naval march, said the naval marches will not be stopped until its goals are achieved, referring to breaking the Israeli siege and allowing Palestinians the right of return as refugees to their original homelands.
The Gaza Strip has been under an inhumane Israeli siege since 2007 and witnessed three wars since 2008. The blockade has caused a decline in living standards as well as unprecedented levels of unemployment and poverty.
Tensions have been running high near the border fence since March 30, which marked the start of a series of protests dubbed “The Great March of Return.”
The deadly clashes in Gaza reached their peak on May 14, the eve of the 70th anniversary of Nakba Day, or Day of Catastrophe, which coincided this year with Washington's relocation of the US embassy from Tel Aviv to occupied Jerusalem.
More than 220 Palestinians have so far been killed and over 22,000 others wounded in the renewed Gaza clashes, according to the latest figures released by the Gaza Health Ministry.